Friday, March 4, 2011

Arrival

It may be a tad bit late to start my blog, but better late than ever! I think the purpose of this blog is to share my stories and make sure I don't ever forget them myself! My posts may be short or long and will probably mostly be photos (of course). 


Dani Thompson (my friend from Dickinson) and I left on our adventure together from BWI but had quite the flight change. We ended up missing the little jetplane that leaves Providenciales to South with the rest of the group! Instead Dani and I and two other girls who were stuck in Provo stayed in a hotel and took the next flight in the morning.

So the first night in a foreign country was spent alone, but not to fret, we had enough courage to walk the town and settle down for a fruity island drink! 







The next morning we were off to South Caicos, excited to meet the rest of the SFS group and see our new HOME!

I could not believe how SMALL the plane was! It looked like a toy!
The view was incredible, the colors of the water were so teal and light blue. 




When we landed, I took one look at the airport and started to laugh! It was so small and there were no signs or any other planes.




WE MADE IT!
The SFS research center is right along the water and actually used to be an old hotel called Admiral's Inn.



We have two vessels for going out and snorkeling, fish identifications, conch assessments, and invasive species hunting!







The interns gave us a tour around the town pointing out different places we may want to go to, like the grocery store and the convenient store
And...the hottest club in town..Bayside Ballers


Even though it appears pretty creepy, we ended up having a lot of fun there on our first night out!









No comments:

Post a Comment